[NK]==Forum==

Hey Hey!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

For me the best ati drivers till now!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slick
Pro-Amateur
Pro-Amateur

Number of posts : 414
Country and/or City : Netherlands
Registration date : 2004-11-12

PostSubject: For me the best ati drivers till now!   Sat 18 Jun - 19:53

Back to top Go down
[NK]==Mops==
übern00b
übern00b

Number of posts : 575
Country and/or City : Belgium
Registration date : 2004-10-27

PostSubject: Re: For me the best ati drivers till now!   Sun 19 Jun - 10:18

can somebody say me the difference between the catalyst drivers and omega drivers?

My 3d-card is 'radeon prophet 3d 9500 pro' , what driver is the best for me??
I have now the catalyst 5.1 driver, because BOR said me to install this. It worked fine, but Last weeks my 3d-card crashed alot (only by playing ET, at high fps)...

HELP MEEEE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkclan.info
[NK]==BOREAS==
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Number of posts : 821
Country and/or City : Europe ;)
Registration date : 2004-11-17

PostSubject: Re: For me the best ati drivers till now!   Sun 19 Jun - 13:40

[NK]==Mops== wrote:
can somebody say me the difference between the catalyst drivers and omega drivers?

My 3d-card is 'radeon prophet 3d 9500 pro' , what driver is the best for me??
I have now the catalyst 5.1 driver, because BOR said me to install this. It worked fine, but Last weeks my 3d-card crashed alot (only by playing ET, at high fps)...

HELP MEEEE!
Hi mops
The drivers contain optimizations, extra features (like OC capabilities), more resolutions and internal tweaks that can give them the edge in a gaming environment over the normal drivers - and many user say that they are more stable! - I use "only" the normal catalyst(CATALYST 5.3) and have no probs!

Omega-pic

But you have probs TRY THIS OMEGADRIVER (or the catayst 5.3 /or 5.4 /or 5.5 /but NOT 5.6 the latest to much user say "performance goes down")
please read all and also the important rest at the end of this post *gg*

Quote :
RADEON OMEGA DRIVERS README

What's New in Omega Drivers?
v2.6.25a

* Fixed custom resolutions.

* Fixed soft mods.

* Fixed PCI-e support and some of the new AGP cards based on the new x800 chipsets.

*** Note: Always say YES to overwrite newer files when prompted. ***

v2.6.25

* Based on the Catalyst 5.4 Official drivers.

* Updated a lot of the internal tweaks for Mobility 9200 cards.

* Updated some other tweaks for all cards.

* Removed some redundant files from package.

* Added new option to installer: now you can select between installing with or without Radlinker, in case some of you can't use Radlinker for some reason or use another 3rd party tweaker.

What's new for RadLinker?
v2.034

* Removed support for Windows 98 and ME (holding me back).

* Rewritten driver.

* Cleaned up user interface.

* Removed temporal FSAA threshold as it does not appear to be needed anymore.

* DirectX 8 or greater is now required.

What was in previous Omega Drivers?
v2.6.12

* Based on the Catalyst 5.2 Official drivers.

* Added support for a few new cards.

* Fixed a bug in the installer that was overwriting the 9500>9700 soft mod, in other words, it was not working properly last time.

What's was in previous RadLinker?
v2.030

* Fixed bug where the RadClock service is not removed during an uninstall.

* Added ability to select from the unified tabs (3D and Options) or separate DirectX and OpenGL tabs.

Other Important Notes:

1. Well, at last, the fix for the dreaded overlay video on some laptops bug has been found. The cause IS NOT the ATI drivers or any of my settings, the cause is a hardware bug, more specifically a BIOS bug. In the testing, many people already updated their Sager notebooks with a new BIOS provided by Sager and the video problem is GONE! So I encourage you to go to your manufacturer's web page and see if a new bios update has been issued for your laptop, and if not, e-mail the manufacturer so they can rush out a fix for this.

2. CCC will work with the Omega Drivers, but is NOT recommended that you install it, all the functions found in CCC are already included with RadLinker Omega Edition or will be included in a near future as this new CP project develops.

3. Now the Omega Drivers will use a built-in, special RadLinker version ("Advaced 3D" tab) with the following features:

> Uses NO resources.
> Doesn't require .NET to work.
> New settings for both D3D and OGL.
> Golbal controls to set both D3D and OGL in one pass.
> Automatic Per-application profiles.
> Integrated Overclocking.
> Desktop and Game Color/Gamma control.
> Game Color/Gamma control for profiles.
> Temporal AA settings (T2 & T3) and Temporal AA Threshold control.
> Trilinear filtering can be forced for Anisotropic filtering.
> Catalyst AI support.

This new CP was made in conjunction with ChrisW, maker of RadLinker, as an exclusive feature for the Omega Drivers and we will keep adding features in future releases.

4. Since RadLinker is now a vital part of the Omega Drivers, it will not be an option to select during setup anymore, it will now automatically look for and uninstall ANY previous version and replace it with the new one.

REMINDERS:
A- If you have the normal ATI drivers installed, uninstall the ATI Control Panel or CCC BEFORE upgrading to these drivers, the Omega Drivers already have the CP integrated and another CP will cause conflicts or other problems.

B- There is no need to uninstall ANY previous drivers (ATI or OMEGA) when installing these, the new ones will overwrite any previous settings, but if you still want to uninstall them completely, is ok.

C- In Windows 2k/XP, ALWAYS disable DDC in the ATI "Displays/Monitor" CP after installing drivers to be able to use ALL the refresh rates and resolutions your monitor supports, also this is the best way to avoid the 60Hz RR bug.

D- The WDM drivers for VIVO and AIW cards are not included, but they can be downloaded separately from a link in my drivers page.

E- The Radeon cards do support FastWrites and they will work with it on (on some machines), but it is not recommended, there is NO SPEED gain when using FW, and this option will affect your PC's stability a LOT, most game crashes and problems are because FW is enabled. The only time I recommend using FW on is with Radeon 9600 cards that doesn't work properly with FW off or for Athlon64 system with any Radeon AGP card.

F- Install the included Multires utility to have access to ALL the available resolutions in the Omega Drivers, standard Windows doesn't show all of them.

G- After installing the new drivers and rebooting, if your desktop is SLOW and games won't run, is because AGP acceleration has been disabled by Windows, in order to fix this you MUST re-install the latest AGP chipset drivers for your Mother Board (this also includes laptops). After rebooting check the Advanced SmartGart Options in the Omega Start Menu and see if at least AGP/PCI read are both ENABLED, if all of them are enabled, the better, but some MBs doesn't support AGP/PCI write functions, if all still disabled, just click on "Retest All" and press OK to restart.

H- If you are using an Omega soft-mod and you are experiencing crashes, black screens, artifacts or the "check board effect" during game play, run the new included Driver Swapper utility and select the Normal driver, the reason is that your card is not accepting the soft-mod due to broken/incompatible hardware.

I- See Omega FAQ for further questions.

Extra info:

I don't recommend the use of ANY external tweakers with my drivers (like Rage3D Tweaker or ATITool), as they override my special settings and will make my work useless. The only time I recommend a tweaker is when you have a specific problem with a specific tweak and need to change it in order to make the drivers work correctly. Also if you use a tweaker for overclocking, FSAA, Gamma or Aniso settings, is just fine, but you'll be better off using the integrated ATI CP/RadLinker for that (which is ok if you change any setting in it).

If you have any problems with this drivers please go to my webpage and look in the ATI help section for answers. If still have problems look for the drivers thread in DriverHeaven.net forums and let me know what is going on.

IMPORTANT: Don't bother ATI about these drivers as they are unsupported by them!

---------------------------------------------------
OMEGADRIVE

God Bless You all!
DOWNLOAD:
ATI OMEGA DRIVERS 2.6.25a
or
http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php

BUT DONT FORGET
Quote :
1. Uninstall Control Panel

NO-reboot

2. Uninstall Display Driver

reboot

Note: after reeboot win say " new hardware ...blabla" and will install new driver NO cancel!! ( 2x )

3. NOW Install the new downloaded catalyst or omega driver package!
- reeboot and fave fun *i hope*

"It must be possible because it's almost impossible to prove it's impossible!"
Back to top Go down
[NK]==Mops==
übern00b
übern00b

PostSubject: Re: For me the best ati drivers till now!   Sun 19 Jun - 21:06

stll the same... crying crying crying crying

error:

VPU recover has reset your accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands.

I search google the whole day, i found much, but nothing to solve the problem...
Back to top Go down
[NK]==Mops==
übern00b
übern00b

PostSubject: Re: For me the best ati drivers till now!   Sun 19 Jun - 22:23

http://forums.gwonline.net/archive/index.php/t-341052.html
http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=345363

It says that 63° is the maximum

Temperature now is 58°, can it be that it crashed therefor?
Back to top Go down
[NK]==Mops==
übern00b
übern00b

PostSubject: Re: For me the best ati drivers till now!   Sun 19 Jun - 23:44

Back to top Go down
Slick
Pro-Amateur
Pro-Amateur

PostSubject: Re: For me the best ati drivers till now!   Mon 20 Jun - 0:15

With the hot weather of these days in europe you could "underclock" your card just a little so it produces less heat Smile <-- But only do under/overclocking with a minimum of steps so you dont fcuck it up (ya can always go back to standard speeds with most overclocking programs) And ALWAYS read much on the subject trough google and stuff (if the stuff they are writing scares the hell out of you stay off the Overclocking as it might "fry" your card<-- burns up not good)
Back to top Go down
Slick
Pro-Amateur
Pro-Amateur

PostSubject: Re: For me the best ati drivers till now!   Mon 20 Jun - 0:18

http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/ good tools for overclocking/heat management (adjusting fan speeds etc...)/and temerature monitoring (dunno if the 9500 has temp sensors) And again read all the pro's and cons before you mess with the program and be confident to do any twaeking as it might fry the card<-- and no it dont taste good even with bacon on it...
Back to top Go down
[NK]==Mops==
übern00b
übern00b

PostSubject: Re: For me the best ati drivers till now!   Mon 20 Jun - 13:37

this morning i opened my computer and i cleaned all the dirt.
After taking out 100 kilo dirt, my temperature is increased to 50° and 52° when playing ET.
Yesterday it was 64 degrees.

again, thanx alot BOR!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For me the best ati drivers till now!   

Back to top Go down

For me the best ati drivers till now!
Page 1 of 1