[NK]==Forum==

Hey Hey!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

ATI OMEGA DRIVERS *new* 09/12/05

Go down 
AuthorMessage
[NK]==BOREAS==
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Number of posts : 821
Country and/or City : Europe ;)
Registration date : 2004-11-17

PostSubject: ATI OMEGA DRIVERS *new* 09/12/05   Wed 29 Jun - 11:19

New OmegaDriver is out > 2.6.61
(Released on 09/12/05)

HP: > http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Info engl.:
Quote :
What's New in Omega Drivers?
v2.6.61

* Based on the Catalyst 5.8 Official drivers.

+ Added support for x700 Mobility cards.

Note: Since these drivers include a non-standard version of ATT, I would recommend that if you have any previous version of ATT installed, please uninstall it before installing these drivers, not doing so may cause unknown problems.

What's new for ATI Tray Tools?

* Updated display rotation module.

* Update device names database

+ Added Catalyst A.I. control into Direct3D submenu

* Improved OSD support for OpenGL games and applications.

* Moved all I2C control functions into kernel mode driver.

+ Added option in General Settings to disable reset clocks before suspend mode.

* Update "OSD Example" plugin. Added option to show power status. (Battery life time)

+ Added new auto overclocking mode depended on computer power status.

Info2:
Quote :

09/12/05)

Sorry for the delay, had some problems with the soft-mods, but now they are ready.

These drivers are based on the Cat 5.8 and they include a customized version of ATI Tray Tools instead of Radlinker. Go to the ATI Radeon section and take a look at the readme while downloading so you know the latest changes and additions to this set.

Enjoy!

Important note: Some people have emailed me reporting a "Trojan" in my drivers, all of them where using AVG Anti Virus, it seems that this AV is "wrong" again, is reporting what is called a "false-positive", since during the year I had various similar reports of different types of virus in my files, all where using AVG (I still don't understand why people keep using this AV). I can guarantee you guys that there are NO VIRUSES or TROJANS in my drivers, all drivers are scanned using Kaspersky and my server is guarded 24/7 with NOD32, so if a virus is actually there, it will get caught before it reaches your hands.

For those of you interested:
I am currently playing World of Warcraft, if you wish to join me in my adventures, I am located in the Lightbringer server, I'm the guild leader of "Sacred Legion" and my characters go by the name of "Omegadrive" and "Tankmaster".

(07/26/05)

UPDATE: After a few hours of the driver's release I noticed there was an error in the INF files, if you downloaded the drivers earlier (they wrong ones say they are v2.5.42 and Cat 5.6), please download them again, the available mirrors already have the updated 5.7 drivers. Sorry for any grief this situation may have caused.

(07/25/05)

Well, here they are, hope you like them Smile

These drivers are based on the Cat 5.7 and they include a customized version of ATI Tray Tools instead of Radlinker. Go to the ATI Radeon section and take a look at the readme while downloading so you know the latest changes and additions to this set.

Enjoy!

P.S. Please don't e-mail telling me there are a few references about the old CP on the site, I'm aware of this and will update as soon as I can.

For those of you interested:
I am currently playing World of Warcraft, if you wish to join me in my adventures, I am located in the Lightbringer server, I'm the guild leader of "Sacred Legion" and my character (Paladin) goes by the name of "Omegadrive".

Download W2K/XP mirrors:
http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php

Download Win 9x/ME (02/13/2004) mirrors:
http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win9x_me.php

F.A.Q.:
http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/ati_faq.php

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PERFORMANCE BIOS SETTINGS
Quote :

PERFORMANCE BIOS SETTINGS
Use these settings in your BIOS along with the OMEGA drivers to get the best performance possible out of your video card (this settings are not avaiable in all motherboards, use only the ones that fit your BIOS):

Fast Gate A20 Option : ENABLED

Video BIOS shadowing : DISABLED

Video BIOS cacheable : DISABLED

xxxxx - xxxxx Shadow : ALL DISABLED

IDE prefetch mode : ENABLED

Init Display First : AGP or PCI (SELECT YOUR CARD TYPE)

IDE HDD Block Mode : ENABLED

IDE 32-bit transfer mode : ENABLED

Assign IRQ for USB : DISABLED (UNLESS YOU USE USB DEVICES)

Assign IRQ for VGA : ENABLED

PCI/VGA palette snoop : DISABLED

PNP OS Installed : ENABLED (WINDOWS XP CAN HANDLE PNP BETTER THAN BIOS)

Resource Controlled By : AUTO (UNLESS YOU WANT TO MANUALLY ASSIGN IRQs AND DMAs)
AGP aperture size : 256 (USE LOWER VALUE IF YOU HAVE TEXTURE PROBLEMS)

AGP master 1 WS write : DISABLED ***

AGP master 1 WS read : DISABLED***

Bank 0/1, 2/3 DRAM timing : TURBO ***

CPU to PCI write buffer : ENABLED

Delayed Transaction : DISABLED ****

DRAM speculative leadoff : ENABLED ***

DRAM Data Integrity Mode : NON-ECC (UNLESS YOU HAVE ECC MEMORY)

Delay DRAM read latch : (THE LOWER, THE FASTER) ***

Fast Writes : DISABLED (ENABLED FOR RADEON 9600 OR ATHLON64 SYSTEMS)

Memory parity/ECC check : DISABLED ***

Passive Release : DISABLED

PCI Concurrency : ENABLED

PCI master 0 WS write : ENABLED ***

RAS active time : (THE LOWER, THE FASTER) ***

RAS to CAS delay : (THE LOWER, THE FASTER) **

Read around write : ENABLED

SDRAM Bank Interleave : 4-bank/way

SDRAM CAS Latency Time : 2 **

SDRAM cycle length : 2 **

SDRAM Precharge control : ENABLED

Spread spectrum (modulation): DISABLED

System BIOS cacheable : DISABLED

Video RAM cacheable : DISABLED

8 bit I/O Recovery Time : 1

16 bit I/O Recovery Time : 1

Turbo frequency : ENABLED

** = ONLY IF YOUR MEMORY SUPPORT IT, OTHERWISE USE THE NEXT HIGHER VALUE

*** = WILL IMPROVE SPEED BUT DECREASES STABILITY, IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, CHANGE IT

**** = ENABLE IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH CREATIVE SOUND CARDS

Well, that's all for the BIOS.

These settings should increase you framerates with your video card, if you want do a benchmark before and after the changes, it will give you a good idea of the gain obtained.

Good Luck!

OMEGA DRIVERS CONTROL PANEL HELP
Quote :

OMEGA DRIVERS CONTROL PANEL HELP

OVERVIEW

At first look, you may see that the new Control Panel has almost the same functions as the standard ATI Control Panel, but if you look deep inside it, you will notice a few big differences that take care of some extra quality or performance features that are NOT currently available in the normal ATI drivers. Below I will explain the settings that are different from the normal ATI CP or that have changed a bit.

FSAA

Here you can select they type of "Full Scene Anti Aliasing" you want as default for all Direct3D and OpenGL applications. As you will notice, beside the normal 2x, 4x and 6x settings, there are additional settings with a "Temporal Anti Aliasing" Value, those (T2 and T3) control the TAA multiplier. The normal TAA value found in normal ATI drivers is T2, this will effectively multiply the FSAA value by 2, that means, if you set the FSAA value to 4xT2, you will be getting 8xFSAA at the same speed of 4x.

TAA THRESHOLD

This will control the minimum frames rate at which TAA will turn itself OFF. TAA users will start to experience flickering in polygon borders if the frame rate drops too low, so this will make sure TAA is automatically disabled at the selected threshold and will re-enable itself as soon as the frame rate goes back up above the threshold. The recommended setting is 30.

ANISOTROPIC FILTERING

Beside the normal Anisotropic options found in the ATI drivers, you will find here "Forced" modes of anisotropic. These forced modes behave just like Aniso Quality mode, but they "force" trilinear filtering even if the game doesn't support it, so, some games, like Halo, should see a great benefit from this. Also, this mode could be a little slower than the aniso quality mode.

SMARTSHADER

Available for 9500 and higher cards only. This will use the Pixel Shader 2.0 capabilities of the card to create various cool effects in ANY game. The ones with (OpenGL) beside them will ONLY work for OpenGL games, the rest will work for both D3D and OGL.

A.I.

Well, this is the "cream" of the drivers, the Omega Drivers are the FIRST driver set in the WORLD to support ATI's AI optimizations engine, without the need to have CCC or .NET installed. Here you can "Disable" the optimizations, enable the "Normal" optimizations (this was the standard settings for all previous ATI drivers) or set the optimizations to "High", which will increase the rendering speed at the cost of some video quality, perfect for mid range cards that seek that extra FPS.

"It must be possible because it's almost impossible to prove it's impossible!"

Last edited by on Tue 13 Sep - 13:40; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
[NK]==BOREAS==
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: ATI OMEGA DRIVERS *new* 09/12/05   Wed 27 Jul - 13:09

New OmegaDriver is out 2.6.53
(Released on 07/26/05)

Back to top Go down
[NK]==BOREAS==
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: ATI OMEGA DRIVERS *new* 09/12/05   Tue 13 Sep - 13:42

New OmegaDriver is out 2.6.61
(Released on 09/12/05)

INFO:
Quote :
The moreover one the author warns of the fact that an anti-virus program spends the new driver erroneously as a virus. It guarantees however, which neither viruses nor Trojaner are contained in its drivers, but that it concerns only a wrong alarm.

TEST = no virusalarm before/after install!

better as catalyst you play GTASA

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATI OMEGA DRIVERS *new* 09/12/05   

Back to top Go down

ATI OMEGA DRIVERS *new* 09/12/05
Page 1 of 1