[NK]==Forum==
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[NK]==Forum==

Hey Hey!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ET-Map: Bridges (Beta 4)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
[NK]==BOREAS==
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
[NK]==BOREAS==

Number of posts : 821
Country and/or City : Europe ;)
Registration date : 2004-11-17

ET-Map: Bridges (Beta 4) Empty
PostSubject: ET-Map: Bridges (Beta 4)   ET-Map: Bridges (Beta 4) EmptyTue 11 Oct - 19:32

ET-Map: Bridges (Beta 4) Bridge40rm

Info:
Quote :
Map details:

The Axis are attempting to escape Eastwards from Northern Italy with a train cargo of booty. To do this they need to fix the train with the spares on the truck. Trouble is that the Allies are on to them!

The map is made up of 3 open areas connected by road and rail tunnels.
The objectives are vehicles; the Spares Truck and the Train and damagable bridges to stop them.

Axis have to take the Spares Truck across the map to the Train
which can then be fixed. Then they must get the Train back across the map to the cargo to win.

Time Limit: 30 minutes. Spawn time: 30 seconds

spawn entities for 64 players
Modes supported: objective

bridges_beta4 is the 4th release of devmap bridges. There have been a good number of changes and additions made to the map since beta3

Some changes that have been made are:

Smaller map - I took out the whole of the 'house' section, then rotated the 'reservoir' section 90 degrees and connected the tunnels. The distances in the previous versions were unnecessarily long. There are now just 2 train tunnels. This might help lead to a more immediate game.

Spawn changes - Arrangement of the autospawn has been changed to fit the new layout. Alies start in the mill tunnel as before, Axis in the reservoir rail tunnel. Once the truck passes the boathouse barrier Allies swap with the Axis in the rail tunnel and Axis spawn at the boathouse - behind the truck. When the truck gets to the ramp up into the reservoir section (not far but tight) Axis swap to the reservoir hut next to the train across the water (ice) from the Allies spawn.

Reservoir bridge barrier - This bridge is now a second train barrier. A bit more action was required for this area. It is a tricky barrier because it lies between the Allies and Axis spawns in the middle of the bridge - there is some cover given by the sides to the bridge, and the pier but it's mostly open to airstrikes.

Improved covered access to boathouse rail bridge barrier - The walkway under the deck of this bridge now extends to the mouth of the north rail tunnel. There are other constructions in the area too that give cover. This area was too open. Thing is I've put in a pill box that covers the bridge from the Allies side - so the cover will be needed even more.

New landscape - This is in the reservoir section which is slightly longer - the seeing through to other areas of the map has been fixed. Players can now go behind the dam.

Other changes are lighting - I wasn't that keen on the blue/green/grey tint to the place. So now it's slightly 'warmer' in tone. The angle of the sun has been lowered and the backdrop has been updated.

Sounds - new train sounds, team announcements are in progress, they will be in the final version.

Anyhow, as just mentioned I am still working on it, and again welcome criticisms, suggestions for improvements, errors discovered etc. Thanks to those that have sent some.

email: mrfin@mrfin.co.uk

Download (21,1 MB):
bridges_beta4

Pics:
http://www.mrfin.co.uk/bridges/screenshots.htm

Last edited by on Wed 19 Oct - 20:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[NK]==Axeman89==
[NK]==Member==
[NK]==Member==
[NK]==Axeman89==

Number of posts : 650
Country and/or City : Madison, WI, US
Registration date : 2004-11-13

PostSubject: Re: ET-Map: Bridges (Beta 4)   ET-Map: Bridges (Beta 4) EmptyWed 12 Oct - 3:21

They changed a heckuva lot. While it's still one of my favorite maps, and I like the new additions, I still miss the parts they took out. I'm going to keep the old version too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/axeman89
|SS|Karb

PostSubject: Re: ET-Map: Bridges (Beta 4)   ET-Map: Bridges (Beta 4) EmptyWed 12 Oct - 14:12

agreed. old is much more fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ET-Map: Bridges (Beta 4)   ET-Map: Bridges (Beta 4) Empty

Back to top Go down

ET-Map: Bridges (Beta 4)
Page 1 of 1