[NK]==Forum==
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[NK]==Forum==

Hey Hey!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
[NK]==BOREAS==
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
[NK]==BOREAS==

Number of posts : 821
Country and/or City : Europe ;)
Registration date : 2004-11-17

*old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 Empty
PostSubject: *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12   *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 EmptyTue 14 Dec - 2:22

Hi,

I found that very interesting
for all owners of ATI Cards:
Performance Improvements for CATALYST™ Display Driver Version 4.12
(now publishes to download)

Quote :
...Driver efficiency has improved considerably for both Direct3D and OpenGL.
Numerous D3D games show 2-3% gains at low resolution. The small batch size tests in 3DMark05 show improvements as large as 15% on some products.
In OpenGL, several game titles show improvements in the lower settings. Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory, for instance, shows gains as large as 15% in low resolution (driver-bound) cases. Doom III performance improves 5-10% at low settings. Call of Duty improves 5-6%.
Half-Life 2 performance also improves as much as 20% over Catalyst 4.11 in certain sections of the game.

read more
Info and download here

GREAT - OR???

cu and byebye

[NK]==BOREAS== *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 Klatsch

Last edited by on Sat 18 Jun - 15:56; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
[NK]==Kofiers==
Pro-Amateur
Pro-Amateur
[NK]==Kofiers==

Number of posts : 1275
Country and/or City : France, Paris
Registration date : 2004-10-26

PostSubject: Re: *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12   *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 EmptyTue 14 Dec - 21:55

Thank you very much for this information !!!! !:-D*!
Back to top Go down
https://nk-clan.forumactif.com/
Slick
Pro-Amateur
Pro-Amateur

Number of posts : 414
Country and/or City : Netherlands
Registration date : 2004-11-12

PostSubject: Re: *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12   *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 EmptyThu 16 Dec - 22:54

Nothin' but trouble for me with the angry !!! catalyst drivers!! I'm using the omega drivers and they are holy to me Smile
Back to top Go down
[NK]==Kofiers==
Pro-Amateur
Pro-Amateur
[NK]==Kofiers==

Number of posts : 1275
Country and/or City : France, Paris
Registration date : 2004-10-26

PostSubject: Re: *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12   *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 EmptyThu 16 Dec - 23:19

My graphic card works better with the catalyst driver !!! rock band Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://nk-clan.forumactif.com/
[NK]==Mops==
übern00b
übern00b
[NK]==Mops==

Number of posts : 575
Country and/or City : Belgium
Registration date : 2004-10-27

PostSubject: Re: *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12   *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 EmptyFri 17 Dec - 16:33

Why is that driver?
I have an ATI 3d prophet radeon 9700 pro video-card. Sometimes it crashed and i must restart the computer. Is the driver a solution for that? I'm a real noob... REAL NOOB...

Can someone explaine me what the catalyst driver is doing? And the prophet radeon 9700 pro is that also an ATI card?

please explain me without using difficult computer-terms...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkclan.info
PROXI
Pro-Amateur
Pro-Amateur

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2004-10-29

PostSubject: Re: *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12   *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 EmptyFri 17 Dec - 19:24

I am not an expert Mops but: your graphic card in an ATI card (and i think a good one thumright ).
When you play et try to end other applications, like antivirus or other programs that you don't need when playing et.

Why does your pc crash? Is it the cpu or your graphic card. If it's your graphic card then you may try another driver, a newer for ATI cards. Ask [NK]==BOREAS== and [NK]==Kofiers== for newer drivers, i think they have ATI cards too.

You can also open your pc and clean the ventilator from graphic card and cpu. My pc was crashing sometimes too, at ET. It was because the heat paste from my cpu was so "dry" that it "dropped". I've put new paste and the temperature is now 20 celsius less. thumright
Back to top Go down
Slick
Pro-Amateur
Pro-Amateur

Number of posts : 414
Country and/or City : Netherlands
Registration date : 2004-11-12

PostSubject: Re: *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12   *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 EmptySat 18 Dec - 1:32

Yes Radeon 9700 has a chipset from ati and a pretty good one also but the rest of the card is made by an other brand like Saphire or lots of others.
Back to top Go down
[NK]==BOREAS==
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
[NK]==BOREAS==

Number of posts : 821
Country and/or City : Europe ;)
Registration date : 2004-11-17

PostSubject: *UPDATE* 18-06-05   *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 EmptySat 18 Dec - 21:03

[NK]==Mops== wrote:
Why is that driver?
Sometimes it crashed and i must restart the computer. 1. Is the driver a solution for that?
2. Can someone explaine me what the catalyst driver is doing? And the prophet radeon 9700 pro is that also an ATI card?

please explain me without using difficult computer-terms...

Hi mops!
1. It gives unfortunately sooo many causes for a PC crash/restart
- one CAN be the driver!
2. The driver is responsible for the interaction of GPU(Grafic Processor Unit on your Plugincard=Radeon9700 pro) and the CPU(Central Processing Unit on your Mainboard=AMD/INTEL)! good driver good grafic - simply expressed!

- give me your data as PM(CPU? / Mainboard? and bios version = can you see left when you boot? / chipset = via-amd-intel-nvidia-sis...?/Mouse = driverversion? / soundcard = driverversion? / Windows = 98x-me-2000-xp=SP1 or SP2? /... and I can take a look which you should update!

you have XP with SP2:
Quote :
Since the SP 2 other problem seems to have in-crept also on this sector or, which arises however apparently only if it concerns a system with via Chipsatz. It does not play a role whether it itself now around an older KT-400/600 or a current Sockel-939 (e.g. via K8T800)Mainboard acts, is crucial the AGP 3,0 support, which can show nearly all Mainboards, which were manufactured starting from 2003. The symptoms seem to resemble each other much and predominantly express themselves by unexplainable Graficproblems, which point in the first moment quite comprehensibly also to a defective Graficcarddriver. In addition for example unmotivated of play crashes, Freezes belongs with changing the Graficcarddriverpositions, crashes when changing the monitor characteristics etc.. After the actualization of the Graficcardrivers (all the same whether Nvidia or ATI) occurs no real improvement. Also treating usual suspecting speak decrease of the AGP Aperture Size on 64 or 32 or deactivating AGP nearly Writes as well as the reduction of the AGP mode of 8x on 4x or still continues to bring no success with itself. After which we found in our forum a similar case and also in the private surrounding field some user about similar symptoms complained, we had a test platform with a KT-600 Mainboard and a Geforce 6800GT Graficcard some days ago at short notice furnished, under normal conditions actually an unproblematic combination. After a Bios update of the Mainboard we would install Windows XP professional from for CD with integrated SP 2 after our own Workaround:
Quote :
1. current Chipsetdriver installs, in this case the current 4in1 of 4,53 drivers of via.
2. DirectX examine. (in the SP 2 contain version 9.0c)
3. current Graficcarddriver installs - Forceware 66.93
4. current Soundcarddriver install.
5. further current drivers for peripheral devices install.
6. the remaining Windows Patches install, if further actualizations are present.
7. Firewall and virus scanners install and before-configure (internal Firewall deactivates), now only the InterNet entrance furnish.
8. further program/software updated install.

Quote :
After we had installed again older 66,81 drivers, far Cry ran about 30 minutes problem-free and fell then suddenly. The same symptoms were to be observed with Doom 3, whereby after 10 minutes the play was terminated here already. Since the Graficcard did not suffer from overheating (max. 61°) and also the power pack stable values signaled, we have to study ourselves nevertheless times in the via forum gone around the there Threads about FR 2. It was shown that the thesis is confirmed, after has the AGP driver integrated in the 4in1 driver package so its problems with in the FR 2 existing UAGP standard driver. We banished and let us see thus short hand the AGP driver from the 4in1 installation there, the play problems evaporated immediately. Who has thus actually similar problems in connection with its via Chipset, which should undertake the following:

With a new installation in the Driversetup the Option"Normal Installation" select and the AGP driver with do not install:
*old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 Via.3

*old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 Via.1

*old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 Via.2

Thus the standard UAGP Driver of the SP2 is not obstructed and irritations remain out.
Quote :
2. If the operating system is already installed and were updated straight with the Servicepack2, then the current driver situation must be modified.
*old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 02dh
*old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 15ai
(not my pics!)
and click the entry "VIA CPU to AGP Controller" with the right mouse button on. In the opening unfold context menu we select the option "Deinstallation" and start afterwards the computer again. Over the installed Servicepack2 after the restart now the UAGP driver according to standard is installed, whereby likewise the previous problems should take care of themselves.

- (ONLY YOU HAVE A VIA-CHIPSET)

4in1_v455vp1

*UPDATE* - 12 April 2005 (old ok *gg*)

VIA Hyperion 4in1 drivers

Quote :
VIA Hyperion drivers are suitable for any VIA chipset and all Microsoft Windows 32 bit Operating Systems. Please read the information about all VIA chipset driver choices, however, so that you chose the drivers that can best be recommended for your system.
VIA Hyperion 4in1 drivers are suitable for ANY VIA chipset - but they are particularly recommended for KT4## series, P4X4## series and newer, for example:

K7 chipsets: KT400, KT400A, KT600, KT880, KM400, KN400

K8 chipsets: K8T800, K8T800Pro, K8M800, K8T890, K8T890Pro

P4 chipsets: P4X400, P4X400A, PT800, PT880, PM800, PM880, PT880Pro, PT894

4in1_v456v.zip

Quote :
To install the driver, save any unsaved work and close all applications then click on the driver download link (above). Choose the "Save File" option and save it to your folder under Windows where you file your drivers. Unzip the file. (To unzip the file right click and highlight "Extract All") Then double click on the Setup.exe file to run the installation program. Follow the prompts and restart at the end of the installation.

AND

VIA HyperionPro Driver Package 27 May 2005
Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98SE, Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows 2000, Windows NT
(also for Windows XP 64-Bit)

Quote :
There are three main differences between a VIA Hyperion 4in1 driver package and a VIA HyperionPro package, detailed below. All other recommendations remain.
1) The HyperionPro package includes SATA/RAID drivers whilst the Hyperion 4in1 package does not. The extra contents makes the HyperionPro package over 5MB larger than the Hyperion 4in1 package. Therefore if you are not utilizing a VIA SATA or RAID controller in your system, the Hyperion 4in1 package may be a better download choice.

2) The HyperionPro package supports 64 bit Microsoft Windows XP and 64 bit Windows Server 2003 whilst the Hyperion 4in1 package only supports 32 bit operating systems.

3) The HyperionPro package does not contain the IDE Filter driver. For Win9X/ME/2K the IDE filter driver is needed to support UDMA 6. The IDE Filter driver is not needed for WinXP SP1 and later Microsoft operating systems.

Version 500A of the HyperionPro package includes the following driver components:

INF 2.40b
AGP 4.43h
RAID V4.30c
RAID tools V4.06.

The latest version of the Hyperion 4in1 driver package includes AGP driver version 4.43f. The difference between the drivers is that 4.43h does not overwrite the default driver under Server2003 SP1.

VIA_HyperionPro_V500A

Quote :
To install the driver, save any unsaved work and close all applications then click on the driver download link (above). Choose the "Save File" option and save it to your folder under Windows where you file your drivers. Unzip the file. (To unzip the file right click and highlight "Extract All") Then double click on the Setup.exe file to run the installation program. Follow the prompts and restart at the end of the installation.

END of PART 1

much fun with the translation LOL
need more give me a PM!

Last edited by on Sat 18 Jun - 15:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[NK]==Mops==
übern00b
übern00b
[NK]==Mops==

Number of posts : 575
Country and/or City : Belgium
Registration date : 2004-10-27

PostSubject: Re: *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12   *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 EmptySun 19 Dec - 0:49

yeah tanx boreas, the noob in me is completely lost!

-AMD athlon 2600+
-2.06Ghz, 512 Mb
-NVIDIA nForce
-ASUS A7N8X
-windows xp prof sp2
-logitech mouse and keyboard

is that enough?

OH NO THE NOOB IN ME IS BACK...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkclan.info
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12   *old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12 Empty

Back to top Go down

*old* ATI Display Driver Version 4.12
Page 1 of 1